PUBLIC RELATIONS IS THE ESSENCE OF YOUR REPUTATION
Effective communication management influences people’s perception and is able to generate a positive and favourable image of an individual, an organisation or even a nation. Public Relations (PR) is the key to Corporate Communication in safeguarding the reputation of a company. As the media business is fast changing, PR is also changing along with it. PR specialists have a choice to concentrate on areas such as media relations, internal and external stakeholder relations, and corporate communication.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME?
The programme provides students with the knowledge and skills required to excel in the ever-expanding communication industries. Courses are designed to increase understanding of public relations techniques and principles. At BERJAYA UC, students have the opportunity to gain exposure in different industries through an expansive network of the Berjaya Group of Companies.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS PROGRAMME?
The programme offers exciting theoretical and hands-on experience in managing communication with internal and external stakeholders. A number of field trips are especially designed to support student learning experiences. With qualified lecturers from the PR industry, the lessons will be geared towards honing strong analytical and decision making skills, in addition to effective verbal and written communication skills. These skills will be valuable during intensive internship programme.
- Public Affairs Specialist
- PR Consultant
- Agency Director
- Strategic Communications Manager
- Communication Law
- Computer Applications
- English for Academic Purposes
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Media, Culture and Society
- News Writing for the Media
- Personal Development Skills
- Principles of Persuasion
- Principles of Public Relations
- Professional Development Skills
- Public Speaking Skills
- Public Relations Writing
- Team Development Skills
- The Event Industry
- Crisis Public Relations
- Desktop Publishing and Multimedia Applications
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Fundamentals of Business Events
- Organisational Communication Skills
- Media Relations and Management
- PR Planning and Strategies
- Social Media Strategies for Public Relations
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- SPM / O-Levels / UEC or equivalent with a minimum of 3 credits, including English.
- Applicants who possess other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
January, May and September
2 years inclusive of a 16-week internship
You will undergo a trimester of comprehensive training that is especially designed to give you an intensive hands-on learning experience within a challenging work environment in the PR industry.
- Malaysian Studies 2 / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1
- Moral Education
- Thinking Skills
- Community Services
INSPIRING LIVES, WIDENING HORIZONS
- We pride ourselves on consistently producing well-rounded, professional and competent young adults through our inter-disciplinary and immersion teaching methodologies, as well as our distinct focus on language proficiency and personal poise.