PROVIDES STUDENTS WITH VAST KNOWLEDGE IN ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE.
The Bachelor in Accounting and Finance (Hons) programme provides students with vast knowledge in accounting and finance; enabling them to compete effectively in the complex world of accounting and finance. This programme is very industry-focused with a unique learning pedagogy – The Immersion Methodology.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME?
This programme provides graduates with excellent job prospects as accountants and finance professionals that is needed anywhere and in any industry. An Accounting & Finance degree provide a broad spectrum of knowledge in both subject matter and this skill is very much sought-after in the world of finance and business.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS PROGRAMME?
Students acquire vital knowledge through financial accounting and reporting, auditing, taxation, financial theory, islamic finance & banking, risk management, statistics and more.
The courses taught in this programme are designed to enhance students' learning experience and to prepare them for a dynamic and robust industry in accounting & finance.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates will be able to gain exemptions from recognised international professional bodies.
- IT Applications
- Fundamentals of Management
- Legal Aspects for Business
- Financial Accounting 1
- Financial Accounting 2
- Cost Accounting
- Introduction to Finance
- Financial Institutions & Markets
- Personal Development Skills
- Team Development Skills
- Professional Development Skills
- Business Statistics
- Financial Reporting 1
- Financial Reporting 2
- Accounting Information Systems 1
- Corporate Law
- Taxation 1
- Fundamentals of Banking
- Financial Planning & Wealth Management
- Corporate Finance
- Investment Management
- Islamic Finance & Banking
- Strategic Corporate Finance
- Elective 1 & 2
- Research Methodology
- Corporate Reporting
- Advanced Audit & Assurance
- Taxation 2
- Managerial Accounting
- Strategic Managerial Accounting
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) Band 2 or its equivalent, AND
- A pass in Sijil Pelajaran Tinggi Malaysia (STPM) with CGPA 2.33 in any 2 subjects, and a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level; or
- A pass in A-Level with minimum 2 principles and credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level or its equivalent; or
- A pass in Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with grade B in any 5 subjects including Mathematics and grade C in English; or
- Applicants who possess other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
January, May and September
3 years inclusive of a 16-week of internship
You will undergo a trimester of comprehensive training in the internship programme. It has been especially designed to give you an intensive hands-on learning experience within a challenging work environment.
- Malaysian Studies 3 / Ethnic Relations
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 / Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Academic Writing Skills
- Professional Ethics
- Social Responsibility
INSPIRING LIVES, WIDENING HORIZONS
- We pride ourselves on consistently producing well-rounded, professional and competent young adults through our inter-disciplinary and immersion teaching methodologies, as well as our distinct focus on language proficiency and personal poise.