The Diploma in Business Management is for individuals who wish to have a broader career choice in business management. It is also suitable for aspiring entrepreneurs who wish to acquire the basic knowledge and skills, as well as the right attitude, to successfully set-up and manage a small business. This programme equips students with the fundamental theories, techniques and soft skills to prepare them for entry-level and supervisory positions in the business and corporate world.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME?
The programme’s holistic design provides students with complete and all-round development of essential skills and traits in business. The courses were carefully selected and balanced to contribute to student’s overall learning and personal development.
You will be equipped with basic knowledge and skills in business that allow you to deal and relate to fundamental business issues.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS PROGRAMME?
This programmed is designed to prepare you for technical and entry-level positions in a wide range of businesses, and contains an appropriate amount of academic rigor to allow you to pursue higher qualifications in the field of business and management. The core courses for this programme include:
- Human Resources
- Finance and Business Law
It also offers electives in business-related discipline to allow students to focus learning towards their personal interests. This programme is suitable for students who wish to have broader career options.
- Accounting 1
- Business Statistics
- Computer Applications
- English for Academic Purposes
- Essential Mathematics for Business
- Introduction to Organisational Behaviour
- Personal Development Skills
- Team Development Skills
- Professional Development Skills
- Principles of Marketing
- Accounting 2
- Cross Culture Management
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Inventory Management
- Legal Aspects for Business
- Managing People in the Service Industry
- Service Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Elective 1, 2 & 3
- SPM / O-Levels with a minimum of 3 credits.
- UEC with minumum of 3 B’s.
- Any other qualifications deemed equivalent by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia.
January, May and September
- Malaysian Studies 2 / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1
- Moral Education
- Thinking Skills
- Community Service