The Doctor of Philosophy in Management programme offered by BERJAYA's Faculty of Business is a research programme in a chosen specific business area of interest. The programme will start in the first semester with a Research Methodology and Analysis Techniques classroom course, followed by thesis development guided by qualified internal and external supervisors for the following semesters. The programme is best suited for learners who aspire to be highly skilled scholars for academic and other professional careers.
Why choose the Doctor of Philosophy in Management programme?
The programme gives you a competitive edge in today's workforce providing you with an in-depth understanding of theoretical underpinnings and their applications in the real world. You will acquire the knowledge, skills, and ability to conduct independent academic research.
What can you expect from the programmes?
Not only will the Doctor of Philosophy in Management increase your credibility and ability to apply quantitative or qualitative methods to business-related problems, but the programme will also prepare you for high-level roles in any organisation, academia or research.
Choices of Research Areas:
- Human Resource Management
- Business Economics
- Business Analytics
Doctor of Philosophy in Management
- Teaching course during Semester 1 - Research Methodology & Analysis Technique
- All subsequent semesters, including study under supervisor for thesis proposal defence, thesis preparation, and etc.
- A recognised Master's Degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0.
- Five (5) years of working experience in relevant fields if CGPA is below 2.5.
- Or any equivalent qualification from recognised institutions as approved by
BERJAYA UC Senate
- Through APEL route:
i. At least 35 years of age in the year of application;
ii. Possess at least a Bachelor degree or equivalent qualifications (or those with higher qualifications e.g. Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma);
iii. Possess at least 5 years of related work experience and
iv. Pass APEL.A assessment for Doctorate level
Fulfilled English requirement in one of the following:
- MUET (Band 4 or higher).
- IELTS (Level 6.0 or higher). *for International Students only
- TOEFL 600/ CBT 250/ iBT 100.
- Other English certification proving the same level of competency.
- Successful completion of an English-medium Master's degree.
January, May and September.
Full Time: 3 years (9 semesters)
Part Time: 4 years (12 semesters)
Lecture and Online Learning
- Lecturer / Professor
- Researcher / Scholar
INSPIRING LIVES, WIDENING HORIZONS
- We pride ourselves on consistently producing well-rounded, professional and competent young adults through our inter-disciplinary and immersion teaching methodologies, as well as our distinct focus on language proficiency and personal poise.