SPECIALISE IN PLANNING AND EXECUTING A RANGE OF ROUTINE AND COMPLEX EVENTS.
The Bachelor of Events Management (Hons) programme prepares graduates who can be engaged as specialists in planning and executing a range of routine and complex events. You will acquire the essential knowledge and skills needed to develop yourself into a confident and creative individual capable of working in multidisciplinary event and meetings environment.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME?
If you are interested in a fast-paced, exciting environment with a twist of adventure and entertainment, this programme would best fit your expectation. The Events Management programme will provide you with specialised theoretical knowledge and practical skills to manage diverse events, preparing you for a career that is filled with fun and excitement.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS PROGRAMME?
During the course of this programme, you will be involved in practical work, training, educational field trips, work exposure experience, designing and planning events under the guidance of lecturers. You are even instructed to attend and participate in real events as part of the requirement of the courses. Key industry players and event technical specialists are often invited to share their vast experience as well as challenges faced to further enhance your learning in this specialised field.
- Event Manager
- Entertainment Manager
- Convention Sales Manager
- Conference Organiser
- Meeting Planner
- Talent Management
- Festival Planner
- Wedding Planner
- Convention Sales
- Creative Design for Events
- Fundamentals of Management
- Integrated Marketing Communication for Events
- Introduction to Business Event
- Introduction to the Event Industry
- IT Applications
- Mechanics of Event Planning
- Professional Development Skills
- Special Event Management
- Team Development Skills
- Business Statistics
- Corporate and Incentive Travel Management
- Entertainment Management
- Event Production and Operation
- Event Project Management
- Event Risk Management
- Human Resource Management
- Legal Aspects for Hospitality and Tourism
- Revenue and Profit Management
- Service Quality Management
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Honours Seminar Series
- Research Methodology
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- STPM / A-Levels or equivalent with a minimum of 2 principal passes.
- UEC with minimum 5 credits.
- Applicants who possess other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
January, May and September
3 years inclusive of a 16-week internship
You will undergo a trimester of comprehensive training in the internship programme. It has been especially designed to give you an intensive hands-on learning experience within a challenging work environment.
- Malaysian Studies 3 / Ethnic Relations
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 / Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Academic Writing Skills
- Professional Ethics
- Social Responsibility
INSPIRING LIVES, WIDENING HORIZONS
- We pride ourselves on consistently producing well-rounded, professional and competent young adults through our inter-disciplinary and immersion teaching methodologies, as well as our distinct focus on language proficiency and personal poise.