The Diploma in Events Management programme entails acquiring both the knowledge and skills required to be competent and effective proffesionals in the event industry.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME?
Events are always exciting. No event is ever the same, and you get to meet new and interesting people every day. The Event Management programme will provide you with the specific knowledge and skills in managing various types of events such as corporate events, sports events, and festivals. This programme is filled with hands-on experiences and you will be exposed to practical work and training to learn the real business of managing events.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS PROGRAMME?
During the course the programme, you will be involved in practical planning, designing and staging events, learning through educational field trips at interesting event venues, and even attending and participating in events as well. You will obtain guidance not only from lectuers but also from invited industry players of established event companies.
- Event Executive
- Entertainment Executive
- Convention Sales Executive
- Conference Organiser
- Meeting Planner
- Talent Management
- Festival Planner
- Wedding Planner
- Art of Event Design
- Computer Applications
- English for Academic Purposes
- Event Planning 1
- Event Planning 2
- Fundamentals of Business EVents
- Hospitality Support Services for Events
- Introduction into Hospitality and Tourism
- Introduction to Convention Sales
- Personal Development Skills
- Principles of Marketing
- Professional Developement Skills
- Team Development Skills
- The Event Industry
- Entrpreneurship Development
- Event Project Work
- Incentive Tour Management
- Introduction to Integrated Marketing Communications
- Legal Aspects for Hospitality and Tourism
- Managing People in the Service Industry
- Project Management for Events
- SPM / O-Levels/ UEC or equivalent with a minimum of 3 credits.
- Applicants who possess other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
January, May and September
2 years inclusive of a 16-week internship
You will undergo a trimester of comprehensive training that is especially designed to give you an intensive hands-on learning experience within a challenging work environment in the event industry.
- Malaysian Studies 2 / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1
- Moral Education
- Thinking Skills
- Community Services
INSPIRING LIVES, WIDENING HORIZONS
- We pride ourselves on consistently producing well-rounded, professional and competent young adults through our inter-disciplinary and immersion teaching methodologies, as well as our distinct focus on language proficiency and personal poise.