BECOME AN OUTSTANDING TOURISM AND TRAVEL INDUSTRY PERSONNEL.
The Diploma in Tourism and Travel Management programme entails acquiring both the knowledge and skills required to become an outstanding Tourism and Travel industry personnel. Besides tourism-related courses such as travel technology and themed attraction, the programme also builds in courses such as management, marketing and entrepreneurship so that you are equipped with all the essential knowledge and skills to succeed in this exciting industry.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME?
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) reports that tourism is one of the world's largest job creators and currently accounts for one in every twelve jobs globally. With quality education and training provided in the Diploma in Tourism and Travel Management programme, graduates will have ample job opportunities in the Tourism and Travel industry.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS PROGRAMME?
During the course of the programme, you will be involved in practical work, training, field trips, as well as developing and planning vacation packages under the guidance of lecturers. Our Close industry links will be most beneficial as key industry players are often invited to share their vast experience and also to present case studies to further enhance your knowledge in this specialised field.
- Tour Operator / Executive
- Destination Development Specialist
- Travel Consultant
- Tourist Bureau Executive
- Travel Agency Executive
- Incentive Executive
- Corporate Travel Executive
- Air Travel Ticketing
- Computer Application
- Destination Geography
- English for Academic Purposes
- Intercultural Diversity
- Introduction into Hospitality and Tourism
- Personal Development Skills
- Principles of Marketing
- Professional Development Skills
- Team Development Skills
- Tour Packages Development
- Tourism Experiential Activity
- Transportation for Tourists
- Attraction Management
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Foreign Language
- Fundamentals of Business Event
- Legal Aspects for Hospitality and Tourism
- Managing People in the Service Industry
- Specialised Vacation Packages Development
- Travel Technology
- SPM / O-Levels/ UEC or equivalent with a minimum of 3 credits.
- Applicants who possess other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
January, May and September
2 years inclusive of a 16-week internship
You will undergo a trimester of comprehensive training that is especially designed to give you an intensive hands-on learning experience within a challenging work environment in the tourism industry.
- Malaysian Studies 2 / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1
- Moral Education
- Thinking Skills
- Community Services
The Tourism Simulation Room at BERJAYA University College is an innovative and fully functional learning laboratory that provides immersive simulation training for School of Tourism (SOT) students intended to help develop our student's knowledge and skills to become exemplary service professionals of the future through a fun and excited learning experience. Students will have the opportunity to learn hands-on and experiment with the latest travel technologies available in the travel and tourism industry.
The mock-up room replicates a real-life tour agency and students will be able to utilise the room to do their research and experience how the tourism sector operates in the real world. The conducive environment ensures our students are well-versed in the operational and practical needs of the industry as well as be well-informed of the managerial theories to advance and succeed in this exciting and fun industry.
INSPIRING LIVES, WIDENING HORIZONS
- We pride ourselves on consistently producing well-rounded, professional and competent young adults through our inter-disciplinary and immersion teaching methodologies, as well as our distinct focus on language proficiency and personal poise.