The Bachelor of Tourism Management (Hons) programme is designed to provide you with sound theoretical knowledge and practical skills to excel in the Tourism industry. You will acquire the essential knowledge and skills needed to develop to develop yourself into a confident individual capable of working in multidisciplinary tourism environment, both locally and internationally.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME?
Fancy the opportunity to meet people from different cultures and be able to learn and experience new sights all the time? This programme aims to provide you with specialised theoretical knowledge and practical skills to manage tourism resources and activities associated with the industry. This three-year programme, topped with practical professional work placement covers various aspects of the tourism industry, business management and research methods - all of which will benefit you greatly in any career that you wish to pursue.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS PROGRAMME?
The University College uses teaching and learning methods and strategies collectively known as Berjaya Immersion Methodology. You will be immersed in the real industry through practical-work and training, field trips, visits, talks by experienced industry players, multi-media shows and class presentation on case studies. You will also be required to do a semester of practical training or professional work placement before you graduate.
- Tour Operator / Manager
- Destination Development Specialist
- Travel Consultant
- Tourist Bureau Manager
- Travel Agency Manager
- Incentive Manager
- Corporate Travel Manager
- Fundamentals of Management
- IT Applications
- Personal Development Skills
- Principles of Marketing
- Professional Development Skills
- Special Interest Tourism
- Team Development Skills
- Themed Attractions Management
- Tourism Geography
- Tourism Professional Activity
- Transportation for Tourism
- Travel Industry Operations
- Understanding Hospitality and Tourism industry
- Business Statistics
- Corporate and Incentive Travel Management
- Human Resource Management
- Intercultural Diversity in the Service Industry
- Legal Aspects for Hospitality and Tourism
- Revenue and Profit Management
- Service Quality Management
- Tour Vacation Packages Management
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Honours Seminar Series
- Research Methodology
- Tourism Destination Planning & Planning
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
(Students can choose 4 electives courses from Hospitality, Events, Retail or Business programmes)
- STPM / A-Levels or equivalent with a minimum of 2 principal passes.
- UEC with minimum 5 credits.
- Applicants who possess other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
January, May and September
3 years inclusive of a 16-week Internship
You will undergo a trimester of comprehensive training in the internship programme. It has been especially designed to give you an intensive hands-on learning experience within a challenging work environment.
- Malaysian Studies 3 / Ethnic Relations
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 / Islamic Civilisation and Asian Civilisation
- Academic Writing Skills
- Professional Ethics
- Social Responsibility
The Tourism Simulation Room at BERJAYA University College is an innovative and fully functional learning laboratory that provides immersive simulation training for School of Tourism (SOT) students intended to help develop our student's knowledge and skills to become exemplary service professionals of the future through a fun and excited learning experience. Students will have the opportunity to learn hands-on and experiment with the latest travel technologies available in the travel and tourism industry.
The mock-up room replicates a real-life tour agency and students will be able to utilise the room to do their research and experience how the tourism sector operates in the real world. The conducive environment ensures our students are well-versed in the operational and practical needs of the industry as well as be well-informed of the managerial theories to advance and succeed in this exciting and fun industry.
INSPIRING LIVES, WIDENING HORIZONS
- We pride ourselves on consistently producing well-rounded, professional and competent young adults through our inter-disciplinary and immersion teaching methodologies, as well as our distinct focus on language proficiency and personal poise.