Dear all students of BERJAYA University College (BUC) & BERJAYA TVET College, Pursuant to the latest announcement made by our YAB Prime Minister this afternoon (25th March 2020), BUC and BTVET College will be closed from Wednesday, 18th March 2020 to Tuesday, 14th April 2020. All classes/lessons are to be conducted through Course Networking and/or other electronic platform managed by the respective lecturers and Faculties.
The Senior Management of BUC has also decided on the following:
• The revised academic calendar for January 2020 semester remains unchanged;
• All paper-based examination will commence on 20th April 2020;
• The non-paper-based examination (i.e. Practical exam and Lab-based exam) will commence thereafter the paper-based examination i.e. 27th April 2020 onwards. This will be coordinated by the respective Schools/Faculties;
• Necessary precaution will be exercised prior to entering the examination venue. Students will have to go through body temperature screening at the main entrance, hand sanitizer will be provided, and seating arrangement with reasonable social distancing;
• Students will be constantly guided and communicated with by their lecturers in preparing them for the final examination through the available electronic platforms such as CN, WhatsApp group, etc.;
• A student who is in genuinely facing a really difficult situation (such as illness) is allowed to defer his/her examination; and
• Commencement of the May 2020 semester will remain unchanged which means the semester break will be shortened.
We prioritise the welfare of our students above all. Be assured that we will not disadvantage our dear students in whatever way especially during this challenging time. The grading of your assessment/examination will be “objective-based” taken into account the difficult situation without compromising the objectives of our outcome-based education.
All these decisions will take effect unless further directives are received from the relevant authorities. We shall keep everyone updated with the latest information from time to time.
We would like to urge everyone to remain calm in this challenging situation and pray for a better tomorrow.